Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 S90

Rusty Bore

My Benelli M1 S90 (w/ HK stamp) has a 7 round tube and a pistol grip stock. It runs heavy loads, but won't operate with light stuff. I swapped out the original spring tube with a lighter one - but it still won't cycle more than 5 rounds of 1 1/8 oz, 3 dram. It cycles through heavier stuff (1.25 ounce & above) if it is over 3 Dram Equiv. It also functions w/o issue with slugs & buckshot - but I'd sure like to get it to cycle target grade stuff. What's the secret to making this happen?

[Endorsement mode ON]

If that doesn't work, www.triangleshootingsports.com and let Benny fix it up. I had that problem with an M1 and called Benelli where they told me I don't know how to shoot! (I knew that, but they didn't!) Benny can lighten the bolt and work some other magic to get it to shoot ANYTHING!!

[Endorsement mode OFF]

Mike

I had the same problem with an M2 Tactical. Had Benny Hill lighten the bolt, changed the recoil spring to a lighter one, and was good to go. If you still have the pistol grip stock on yours, that may also cause problems.

The biggest problem I had with the Tactical was that I couldn't get my face down onto the stock hard enough to see the iron sights (rifle type). Switched to a M1S90 with regular stock and vent rib barrel and it has been perfect.