Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Xd .45

Owen Sparks

Geez Keith,

Those guys with those sissy 9's must have thought your gun blew up.

I also thought about doing what Waltermitty does.

He leaves his powder alone, and just changes the bullet weight for ICORE. Something along that line might be in order here.

They seem like an inexpensive gun to shoot for fun, when I feel like chasing my brass. I have gotten spoiled from Revo. Today I went shooting with my son. I shot one mag in my L-10 gun and had to go hunt for the brass.

Went back to shooting my Revo, and my .22.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I use my XD45 for L-10...well I just started to anyways. Springer 2.5lb trigger + dawson FO sights make a world of difference. Also picked up some Arrendondo +3 basepads if I ever get the urge to try limited a run but 16rds still puts you at a disadvantage in that class.

I have been shooting a XD-40 Tactical in Limited-10 for three years now and it has worked pretty good for me.

Pistol Gear is going to be coming out with a really nice magazine well for both the old xd-9/40 frame and XD-45ACP frame very soon. They look like they are going to be very nice. Two sizes a larger one for Limited/Limited-10 builds and a smaller one for IDPA shooters. Suppose to work with factory base pads and Arrendondo's extensions. No special base pads like some of the other mag-wells built for the XD.

I picked up and XD-45ACP Tactical late last fall in a trade and since I already have a homemade magwell and stuff on my XD-40 for L-10 I am going to shoot production with my XD-45. I worked up a minor load recently using Trailboss and some 200gr RSFP lead. Cheap to shoot and at minor PF no really leading even with the cheap cowboy action bullets.

A quick and easy trigger job can be had on an XD by replacing the trigger return spring and sear spring. Noticeably lightens up the trigger. There are also replacement sears and trigger bars to help reduce pre-travel and over-travel. And of course several guys are doing some really nice custom trigger jobs for the XD.

I have always liked the XD factory sights but each to his own. I also like the fact the my Limited-10 and Production setups are the same setup I just slide my magazine pouches around a few inches for Production. My Bladetech holster works great for both guns and the mag pouches I have work with both mags too.

XD fanboy

mcb