Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Failure To Extract

Unleashed

I have recently begun having FTEs on my G22. This started shortly after a case head seperation (from PMC brass :angry: ). I have since replaced the extractor and the bbl (storm lake :D ). The problem is getting more frequent and I am wondering where to start with the troubleshooting. The white plastic plunger that is part of the extractor spring tension looks bent up. Could this be where the problem is? That Nationals are in less than two weeks and I really need to fix this :blink:

Thanks,

Edwin

I would go ahead and replace both the spring and the plunger. If you have already replaced the extractor, unless the ejector was somehow damaged, this should take care of it. Also, double check the new extractor to make sure it hasn't been chipped or otherwise damaged somehow, either before or after it was installed.

Replace all 3 parts of the extractor spring assembly & the extractor.

Also check the slide cut the extractor rides in: with bare slide and NO slide parts in it, see if the extractor slips into its slide cut and falls right back out of it. If it binds at all you'll have to used some emory cloth on the part or the slide cut.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I replaced all of the parts that I had not previously replaced. That included the extracor plunger, spring and plastic piece that fits inside the spring. I think it was the plastic piece because the other one was pretty bent up, most likely from the case head separation. Thanks for all the replies :D

Edwin

• 2 weeks later...