Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Grip Reduction

JFD

I know this is a fairly old subject, but I haven't found enough info to be comfortable yet and I was hoping someone here could clue me in.

My wive is having trouble with the grip size on both the G35 Limited gun and the Kimber .45 L-10 gun.

She's 5' 4" if that helps.

I don't know if it's a good idea, but this new Glock has a lot of useless "checkering" or whatever on it that looks like it might be safe to just grind off, leaving a smooth surface. I use TruGrip, so no problem there.

Smoothing the surface and eliminating the finger grooves was my idea for a first try. I haven't relieved the trigger guard yet, but will in a heartbeat if this may help. Anywhere else I can remove material without screwing up the gun?

I have a Dremel and I'm not afraid to use it.....

If I went with the MAJOR plan (Brownells instructions) of using epoxy and grinding the thing down a LOT, what happens with my ICE or brass THE magwells? Useless trinkets? Any way to leave a magwell in place? If I say to heck with a magwell, how well does the epoxy hold up?

I figure I can get TruGrip to work no matter what I do to the gun, it just may not be pretty.

I could have sworn I saw an article somewhere where a Glock had a grip reduction but got to keep the magwell. I'll have to check my Front Sight collection.

Any ideas would be appreciated. She's mainly shooting for fun and to spend time with me, but now her left thumb is in pain, which isn't very fun.

Around here if its a glock, these are the guys to do it, www.robarguns.com . I have seen plenty of dremil and soldering iron jobs with not much avail. I had them do a reduction and beavertail with a stipling job on my duty glock. It kicks but. Love it. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. They do top notch work and have some really cool finishes as well. They do all sorts of guns but since we are talking about glocks, here is a link.

http://www.robarguns.com/glock.htm

Thanks, I appreciate the links.

Robar looks very interesting.

The price for a grip reduction looks to be standard with most everyone I've seen. Seems a little pricey, but it also seems to be too much of a job for the home Dremeler without a pile of frames to practice on. To be practical, the price is way cheaper than a new gun.