Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Popular Are L10 And Single Stack Really?

markd

Current Single Stack scores reported:

Classifiers: 3076 shot at 246 clubs in 896 matches.

Wow...not very strong numbers. Even though I don't see it as being very popular, I figured there would be better numbers than that being this deep into the year.

246 clubs sounds like a lot. But, lets face it...if one guys shows up and says that he read in Front Sight that USPSA was running Single-Stack then the match director pretty much is painted into the corner.

896 matches, divide that by the 246 clubs and you come up with about 3.5 monthly matches per club.

3076 classifers divided by 896 matches...equals about 3.4 shooters per match. That is a bit higher than I expected. I haven't seen those kind of SS shooters at local matches in my area.

Keep in mind that 714 of those classifiers came out of the Single-Stack Classic where 238 competitors shot 2 classifiers. I'm assuming that they had enough GMs to make the match percentage count as a classifier entry.......

2362 classifers divided by 895 matches gets you down to 2.6 shooters per club --- still more than we see locally. I think we've shot 3 people in the division so far this year, and it's been an option on our sign-up sheets since January.....