Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's W/ The Summer Sizzler Scores?

persona non grata

the Summer Sizzler was a match shot in TN. it was 2 days long of 25 stages, six of them were the classfieer. if you go to idpa.com and check the results here:

http://idpa.com/matchresults/2006/2006_summer_sizzler.pdf

they are only 15 stages long and some names are missing from the results listed here:

http://www.midtnshooters.com/sumsiz%20score%2006.htm

at this site, the score incudes all 25 stages, and then a separate column for how the competitors shot the classifier. if that score was in green, that person actually shot the classifier better than the classification he/she entered in (sandbagging, possibly?). in the black, you signed up appropriately to your skill level. if it was red, then he/sshe shot below their entered classification. some people entered as MM actually shot the classifier stages at EX levels

did idpa hq take the Summer Sizzler scores from last year and put them on their website as the scores for this year? im cornfuzed.

jd

Edited by persona non grata

thank you Jim. i thought alzheimer's was setting in. my hat's off to you folks for including the classifier in 6 of the 25 stages.

way back when some whiner came on here moaning about sandbagging at major matches. incudineg the classiefeer in a major match was one os his or her suggestions as a some method to put off the sandbaggers and "trophy hounds".

i think a lot of posters got on him for whining about it and we all told him he needed to practice a lot more. oh well, jim that was neat that you guys did that. i wonder now if more major matches will follow suit or if IDPA will revamp the whole classifierre set up, maybe to something like USPSA has.

jd

Thanks go to Kurt Glick and the other guys at Mid-Tennessee, I was just a competitor.

Distributing the Classifier out over a big match like that sounds like a good idea, but IDPA does not allow it to be done that way for classification.

In the rules:

"The entire 90 round classifier must be fired on the same day."

and even more restrictive

"If the classifier is part of a scored match... it most be shot as one continuous 90 round course of fire."

Me?

I got a greenie and won my class but there were fewer than 10. That and the above ruling kept me from getting promoted so I am going to play it straight and shoot a continuous classifer before I enter another match in ESP to see if I can make Expert.

At one time clubs were running part of the Classifier at each local match and you could accumulate a classification over several outings. IDPA HQ put a stop to that.

There is little liklihood that IDPA will go to centralized classification like IPSC.

They want to maintain their distinction from IPSC and they don't want to add the cost and work of a centralized system.

They want to maintain their distinction from IPSC and they don't want to add the cost and work of a centralized system.

Then why have they started asking people to enter their classifications on the "members-only" area on the HQ website?

Hanged if I know.

There is no way they will get full participation.

I doubt there is any means of fact checking (I don't know for sure, I couldn't get on when I tried.) so it is no use for match classification.

It's an honor system - every one participates by default. Perhaps assuming all our members have it is naive.

If EXs or MAs want SS or MM trophys - let them have them.

Craig

Edited by Bones

After the first of the year, match directors will be inputting the information, not individual members.

Granted, this isn't a perfect system by any means, but it's a start.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...