Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For New Sights For An Xd

Leadfoot Anny

IMO the 'best' would be a melted in Bomar rear with a FO front by someone like Rich at Canyon Creek. It's a little pricey but I had it on my XD and won't have traded it for anything. The top two XD's in the right hand column both have melted in Bomar rear sights: http://www.canyoncreekcustom.com/Photo_Gallery.php

For less money and labor you could do a set of Dawson (adj rear, FO front).

Edited by j2fast

Looking for new sights for XD

what would be the best low profile sights fiber optic sights.

Dawson makes a low-profile carry sight for the XD that may meet your needs. You have the option of putting both fiber in the front and in the rear. Many of our customers have gone this route and are happy with the results.

If you are looking for adjustable sights, the Dawson Adjustable Sights and the BoMars that j2fast mentioned are both good options for the XD.

All of my XDs have Dawson Adjustable Sights (fiber front and rear).

OS

Dawson's fixed sights are hard to beat for the price. I have done lots of different XD sights and I have seen pretty much all of them.

The burried sights are cool, but very costly. The Dawson adjustable set work great if you like to mess with loads and such.

I could do any sight I want but find myself using the XD with the Dawson Fixed Rear and .100 FS blacked out (because FO are too slow for me.)

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I could do any sight I want but find myself using the XD with the Dawson Fixed Rear and .100 FS blacked out (because FO are too slow for me.)

Big Ditto on that! That is the best sight picture I can find right now as well, and prefer the black on black too!

DougC