Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Distraction = Destruction

cautery

I hate that I had my first automobile accident in 26 years.

I hate that it was all my fault.

I hate that I have been distracted all day, which contributed to my NOT noticing that the vehicle was behind me.

I hate that the accident happened in my driveway.

I hate that the vehicle that I ran into (and completely destroyed the driver's side door) belonged to my brother-in-law.

I hate that his truck is a BRAND NEW 2006 Chevy 2500HD with less than 3000 miles on it.

I hate that MY truck suffered damage to the new LEER truck cap that I put on a few months ago, that WAS NOT added to my insurance and probably WON'T be covered.

Today has NOT been a good day. :(:(:(:(

Hey Clay,

Sorry to hear that. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't park in another man's driveway. I told one of my best friends that same thing right after I tried to park my truck in the bed of his truck that was sitting in my driveway. BTDT

Hate it for you.

John

Nah... probably only doing like 2 miles an hour... Not a mark on my bumber; marred the tail light lense just enough to need replacing... tore the finish off the corner of the truck cap... Learned the meaning of "Built Ford Tough" today...

The Chevy didn't fair nearly as well; getting popped in the door...Probably a couple of thousand dollars damage... I can deal with that, but I'm sick about it. It was a brand new truck, and I KNOW how I'd feel if it was MY brand new truck. I'm going to make sure it looks/is brand new... but you never feel the same way about a vehicle after it's wrecked...

Oh well, at least it was the company truck and not his new ZO6.... 3 days old.

I feel for you. So far I've managed to not have your experience. But the truck I'm driving used to belong to my dad. He had not had it for 6 months when we had a wind storm come through Spokane. The wind broke out the top half of a Ponderosa Pine which fell across the bed of the truck. Just missed the cab. But the sides of the bed were seriously bent downward as it was not a small tree.

Nah... probably only doing like 2 miles an hour... Not a mark on my bumber; marred the tail light lense just enough to need replacing... tore the finish off the corner of the truck cap... Learned the meaning of "Built Ford Tough" today...

The Chevy didn't fair nearly as well; getting popped in the door...Probably a couple of thousand dollars damage... I can deal with that, but I'm sick about it. It was a brand new truck, and I KNOW how I'd feel if it was MY brand new truck. I'm going to make sure it looks/is brand new... but you never feel the same way about a vehicle after it's wrecked...

Sorry, man. If it's any consolation I backed into and murdered my neighbor's garbage can yesterday and tore up my back bumper. The top of that stupid can is just below line-of-sight out my back window and he leaves it where I will hit it every time as I back out of my driveway.

I would really love to stuff him in it. Of course, after I killed him. It would be cruel to trap a living person in a garbage can.....

:lol:

Good way to look at it... Nope... it's an '07 ZO6, black, all options but nav system... Super nice vehicle. And I'm not even a real Corvette fan. :)

in that case, it actually sounds like you had a great day!!! would that be an '06 Z06?

"I would really love to stuff him in it."
Perhaps you could leave him a note to that effect.

Last time one of his moron friends parked blocking my driveway, I left a polite note on their car.

I found it torn up and shoved under my garage door the next day.

It's possible they were offended and thought I was trying to show off by using multi-syllable words.....