Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"multi Packs"?

steel1212

I'm trying several new loads in both .45 and .9mm in my 1911s and wanted to get a multi pack so to speak so that I can fine tune things. The only one I can think of is the wilson spring caddy thing. Point me to others. Also what about mainspring packs?

You can get a spring pack assortment from Brownell's. It is made by Wilson and comes with one spring each 8,10,12,15,17 and 18 1/2, 3 Shok Buffs, firing pin spring and a bushing wrench. I don't remember what it cost but it was reasonable.

You can get a spring pack assortment from Brownell's. It is made by Wilson and comes with one spring each 8,10,12,15,17 and 18 1/2, 3 Shok Buffs, firing pin spring and a bushing wrench. I don't remember what it cost but it was reasonable.

I think thats the spring caddy.

• 2 months later...
Wollf spring pack from Midway - Kit Contains: One each of the following reduced power recoil springs: 11, 12, 13, 14, , and 15 pounds. Three extra power firing pin springs.

$29.00 - http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=121433

/Bryan

I bought that very spring pack for my Series 70 Gold Cup. My question is does anyone know if the heaviest recoil spring in the pack, (18.5 pound "Extra Power"), will cycle with standard hardball reliably? If not, what is the lightest load that will cycle it with a 230 Gr. FMJ bullet? Bill T.

I bought that very spring pack for my Series 70 Gold Cup. My question is does anyone know if the heaviest recoil spring in the pack, (18.5 pound "Extra Power"), will cycle with standard hardball reliably?

Yes, it will.