Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Convert Glock 37 To Glock 22/17?

Garrett

I've seen the 9mm Glock barrels that are fitted to a .40 caliber slide which will change calibers with just a barrel swap.

Is there anything like this available to convert a .45 GAP to .40 or 9mm?

I've seen the 9mm Glock barrels that are fitted to a .40 caliber slide which will change calibers with just a barrel swap.

Is there anything like this available to convert a .45 GAP to .40 or 9mm?

Not that I have seen yet. You can put a G17, 22, 31, 34 or 35 slide on top of the GAP frame though to make the conversion. (And you would need to change the ejector out)

You could contact Barsto or Jarvis or one of the other Barrel makers to see about the possibility of getting a conversion barrel made for the GAP as well.

Edited by cmzneb

My friend had a 38 and the slide would fit on a 23 frame, but the 23 slide would not fit the 38 frame. So I would say no on the bigger versions too. Also the breachfase is just a little too big for a 45(even a rebated rim 45GAP) to fit a much smaller cartridge like the 40 let alone the 9mm.

Edited by theknightoflight

Flex,

Why wouldnt a caliber conversion be valid for Limited? The way I read Line 16 of the USPSA manual is that as long as the HANDGUN or COMPONENTS have been factory produced and 500 or more have been manufactured its legal for the USPSA Limited Division. With regards to Barrels Line 19 states quite clearly that it has to be the same length as the original it mentions nothing about caliber changes.

US APPENDIX D7

Limited Division

Special conditions:

16. Any complete handgun or components produced by a factory and available

to the general public for one year and 500 produced. Prototypes are specifically

not allowed.

19. Internal modifications to improve accuracy, reliability and function are

allowed. E.g. spherical bushings, Acc-U-Rails, replacement barrels provided

the barrel length is the same as original factory standard.

You are right.

It was in the last (red) rule book that changing caliber wasn't allowed for Limited and L-10. (which I always thought was weird)

It looks like we dropped that rule in the green book.

My mistake. Looks like they'd just need to meet the 500/one year produced clause.

Might using a conversion of that sort be illegal in Production because you are potentially adding additional weight to the gun? (Obviously more than an extended tungsten rod)