Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Benny Hill Single Stack

Merlin Orr

Got a quick reply back from John A. Not legal for the SS Division. Nice to have someone that will answer your questions without long delays. :(:D Damn, now I have to build another..... ;)

Have another NIB Nork comming.... Guess it will have to be done without the "slide lightning cuts". Benny talked about maybe doing this one in the style of BSeavers' gun. Looks like a golden gun with pearl and black trim may be on the horizon for me now.... :rolleyes:

If you're gonna have a ChiCom Pimp Gun you really should consider having Dragons.... :D

Merlin,

I know it's because you have the pistol on a black backround. It kind of reminds me of a Detonics Mk 7 I think the model was. It came with NO SIGHTS! :)

Nice job on Benny's part.

Dan, the way I shoot it might as well of come with no sights... :P But it has a Bomar rear and, I believe, a Caspian front FO. B)

Edited to add.. Just to make sure everyone understands. I did NOT tell Benny I wanted a leagal USPSA SS division or a IDPA CDP gun. I told him I wanted a "pimpy looking" .45 to make the other kids go Oohhhh, Awwww..... I did think it would be OK for either of the divisions mentioned. But, it is and was my choice that the gun had the slide cuts... ;)

Edited by Merlin Orr

Merlin,

I also ignore the silly bumpy things on the top. At least some of the time. It looks like a sweet Limited 10 gun. Personally, I think L-10 is the original single stack division. But, when I started single stacks were about the only thing out there. Hi Powers were an occasional exception.

As I said before, nice looking .45. Enjoy it!