Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From Hate To Like......

dfwmiket

Well, as you know from the other thread I had in the 'what I hate 'area, the wife's Glock blew up..... but on a positive note (besides the fact she wasn't hurt!!)......

I want to say 'what I like'. Our close friend Harmon (member here) who just built a new G24 Limited gun within the last month graciously has loaned it to Patty to use until we can do something to replace her gun. It shows what good folks are all about, and I wanted to say 'thanks' to Harmon (and the others who offered!) for the use of guns/ammo/etc.

Patty's back in action again!! :D:D

The slide was bent/warped.... the tungsten guide rod was bent, the extractor gone somewhere never to be found, barrel split, etc. Hard to believe....

but no one was hurt, and wifey now gets to pick out a new gun. :)

i thought tungsten was supposed to break easy, the fact that it bent impressed me. I guess its 1911 rods that break..near the threaded end. I guess threading tungsten concentrates stress in that area.

Anyway, mikey Enjoy the gun..

Funny in the picture you can see where my right thumb rubs the slide just above the slide release..

AARDVARK, thats a trip.

RO didn't hear it..... and no one else did, either, unfortunately --and by then it was too late. Never fear, another gun already in use and back to practicing. (The graciously loaned Aardvark!!)

:) She's ready for the Waco match.

Mike

Edited by cnemikeman