Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Lock Lever Wear?

aggie dad

I am getting quite a bit of barrel slop in my 34 when its cocked, barrel moves side to side as well as up and down. The reason I am concerned is my newer G20 is quite solid in this respect and the 34's accuracy also seems to be going downhill, unless its me. Gun has about 2500 rounds through it, plus alot of dry firing. Does this sound like it could be a worn slide lock lever? Maybe need to purchase the machined slide lock piece that has been mentioned before.

Thoughts??

Thanks,

Doug

Personally I would go to the range and shoot your 34 off a bench (anything really steady and stable) to see what kind of groups you can achieve at 15 ~ 25 yards.

Remember ........... trigger & breath control make a big difference, and here is where you can eliminate (or minimize) both to a point where you can tell if it's the gun ... or you.

Flex, yes I did add a wolf rod and 15 lb spring. Put the stock rod back in and it locks up tighter than a drum. Maybe I should bench test the stock rod/spring vs the wolf setup or should I just scrap the wolf setup entirely??

Thanks,

Doug

Edited by aggie dad

Might be interesting to see if it makes a difference?

(actually...I think you just said it makes a difference, didn't you? Just in the feel of lock-up?)

Yep it does make a big difference in lockup. I have had the wolf setup in for a little over a month now and my shooting seems to have progressively gone down hill. I'll do a bench test with the stock rod/spring at 25 yds and see how I do accuracy wise.

Thanks!!!!