Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey guys, I'm having serious issues with my ipod and hopefully someone here can help me fix it :(

The battery is dead, but won't charge and none of my computers recognize it when I plug it into the usb port. I left it plugged in at home and overnight and it didn't take the charge. Anyone have ideas?

Did you try charging it with the wall charger? I had a problem with my previous Ipod and that fixed it. I've also had to plug it in after updating the firmware...

I hate to be without my music (no stereo in the car). Hope you get it fixed :)

Did you try charging it with the wall charger? I had a problem with my previous Ipod and that fixed it. I've also had to plug it in after updating the firmware...

I hate to be without my music (no stereo in the car). Hope you get it fixed :)

Try surviving a 4.5 hour flight without it :(

Dave - I did try all of that - I do not have a wall charger - the 5gens only come with the USB cables.

If it won't accept a charge and the computer won't recognise it then the only common denominators are the interface on the iPod or the cable itself. Are you able to try a different cable ? If that does not work then the interface may be the problem. In which case it will need to go back for repair.

We do have 2 cables, I tried both. I also tried 3 different ports on my main computer and took it to work this morning and that one didn't recognize it either. I'm going to try updating all the software and see what that does. The good news is - I used my AmEx to pay for it so I have it covered :)