Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recs On Mag Pouches In Limited

Cjblackmon

I was shooting in a match this past weekend and while transitioning to another spot (about 15 yards), two of my mags fell out leaving me with one mag and just giving me enough to finish the stage (ran the gun dry after shooting the last target).

I can't tell you what kind of mag pouches I have because they just came directly in plastic bags without labels. The Mag carriers are like clamshells if that makes any sense. It has two tensioner screws but it's open on the front end. There's a picture below. I can tighten the tension screws but it still has that open end in the front.

The big problem is, I can't run fast or they'll jiggle out, so I'm running at like 1/3 the speed to keep them from falling. I could easily kill several seconds if I could run faster in the bigger stages.

Question: What Mag Carriers do you guys use with good success and no fear of falling out?

post-6733-1151937190.jpg

I've been using the CR Speed pouches this year with no issues and no fear of lossing any mags in transition. Although needed or not I still check the tension screws before each stage just to be safe.

Not sure what kind of mag pouches those are. You could take some sticky backed velcro and use the loop part attach them on the inside of the mag holder. This would allow you a little more adjustment and retention.

I use CR speed as well.

Thanks for the reply J2fast and Paul. I found out the name of the pouches I'm using are Speed Sec Mag Pouches. They served their purpose.

I spoke with Jake Devita earlier and he recommended the CR Speeds as well cause he was having the same problems I was with other carriers. I ordered three for this coming weekend a few minutes ago so I can't wait to see what kind of damage I can do if I can run full tilt in a big stage.

Thanks again guys.

I switched from the cr speed pouches to the Gugas Ribas pouches and I have been very happy with them. They are also much more solidly built and adjustable than almost anything out there.

Good luck, Craig

The pouches in the picture look like Hoppner & Schuemann Speed Sec pouches.

The cool thing about the new CR speed pouches is that you can adjust them with an external tension screw. So for short courses you can loosen them up for ultra fast reloads and for long courses you can tighten them for retention when running.