Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Decided To Back Off

alellis

Also a short OAL, no?

1.140" may actually be over SAAMI specs, but a fast powder with a long, heavy bullet should probably be longer if you're talking about the .40 S&W.

The old, (very) high pressure Clays loads over 200 grainers were typically loaded out to 1.200", partly for feeding purposes, but most definitely also for pressure concerns. I didn't know that when I first started reloading, and was lucky only to blow up one gun and not myself learning the lesson the hard way.

Kevin C

Also a short OAL, no?

1.140" may actually be over SAAMI specs, but a fast powder with a long, heavy bullet should probably be longer if you're talking about the .40 S&W.

The old, (very) high pressure Clays loads over 200 grainers were typically loaded out to 1.200", partly for feeding purposes, but most definitely also for pressure concerns. I didn't know that when I first started reloading, and was lucky only to blow up one gun and not myself learning the lesson the hard way.

Kevin C

I figured even if I loaded them out to 1.25 it wouldn't bring the pressure down enough.

Not to worry tho I shoot a lot of .45 acp and the BA10 will be good in it.

al

Last weekend at the GSSF match I found a bunch of 45's with GFL head stamps that looked like that except the primers were missing. I was on Glock The Plates so maybe all the shrapnel wasn't coming back from the plates.