Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Airsoft Gun For 1911 Training?

rimfire

if, that is, you favor the 1911 single stack? Most of the airsoft's I see advertised are "hicap". What gas is best, what pellets? Do I need the conversion to propane? any drawbacks to that? How do I make a PACT club timer work with the airsoft? Thanks.

if, that is, you favor the 1911 single stack? Most of the airsoft's I see advertised are "hicap". What gas is best, what pellets? Do I need the conversion to propane? any drawbacks to that? How do I make a PACT club timer work with the airsoft? Thanks.

In my mind, the best and only airsoft gun I would ever use to practice dry firing for a 1911 is the Tanfoglio Witness 1911. I own this gun and is high quality, very cheap, and true to the real steel 1911. It is a spring gun and needs to be cocked before every shot. I don't use gas airsoft guns to practice for competitions. Just a "springer" will help with trigger pull practice and any flinch you may have. I realize the "tang" from the link I am giving you is sold out, but I'm sure you can find one elsewhere online or at your local sporting goods store. I'm not sure you can get a timer to work with airsoft, never tried. By the way, there should be no need to switch to propane if using a gas airsoft gun, the performance of propane and "green gas" is very close, in fact green gas is pretty much propane. I also included a link for a good gas 1911. The slide does not move when shooting but it should still have the training value you are looking for, you'll save a few $$$ too.

Spring 1911

Gas 1911

The website I got both guns off of (huge selection)

Hope that helps

Irate

In my mind, the best and only airsoft gun I would ever use to practice dry firing for a 1911 is the Tanfoglio Witness 1911.

I have to agree here. The Tanfoglio 1911 airsoft gun is hands-down the best value for the money. We own a bunch of airsofts and in the "less than $30" range, the Tanfoglio is the only one that displays any accuracy and it's quite good out to 30 feet or so.

It doesn't compare to an expensive, gas-powered airsoft gun, and it's certainly much lighter than a 1911, but that's to be expected.

-Chet

Airsofts.jpg

Edited by DJPoLo

In my mind, the best and only airsoft gun I would ever use to practice dry firing for a 1911 is the Tanfoglio Witness 1911.

I have to agree here. The Tanfoglio 1911 airsoft gun is hands-down the best value for the money. We own a bunch of airsofts and in the "less than $30" range, the Tanfoglio is the only one that displays any accuracy and it's quite good out to 30 feet or so.

It doesn't compare to an expensive, gas-powered airsoft gun, and it's certainly much lighter than a 1911, but that's to be expected.

-Chet

Airsofts.jpg

On the propane thing: You can buy a converter and fill from propane tanks, which only cost about 25% of the green gas. You just need to spray some silicone down the nozzle about every 8 fills, to keep the internals lubed.

I practice with the full metal guns, which are made of pot metal, and weigh close to the real thing. The triggers are universally crap, although a talented person could probably rig something to make them feel better. I currently use the HFC guns, they're about 90-120$. for BBs, get the cheapest .20 grams you can buy, they'll give you all the performance you need.

H.

• 3 weeks later...