Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Doesn't Drop

I am setting up my new 550 and I can not get the powder to drop at all. I am using the small powder bar cause I am looking to get 6.3 grains. I opened it all the way and still no powder comes. Can someone please help. This is getting fustrating.

I did a seach but nothing came up.

Thanks

I think you either have it in backwards or a big pece of something in it. Take it apart, reassemble and put a little powder in it and cycle it by hand, no need to put it in the press. You should be able to dump a charge in your measuring scale. If not call Dillon. They are very helpful

Edited by BSeevers

Does the powder slide work back and forth? If the powder slide is not working it may be because you left out the powder funnel or it's not adjusted low enough to contact the case. The powder funnel is what bells the top of the case and guides in the powder. It is dropped in from the top into the powder die. Be sure to install the fail safe rod that returns the powder slide to its starting position.

first, be sure a case is underneath the powder drop position. The case pushes up on the funnel, activating the measure. Next, be sure cases arae flared at least .010", to ensure the powder bar makes full travel. Finally, be sure the return rod is correctly attached, and that when you push forward on the handle to seat a primer, the coil spring above the blue wing nut is compressed a bunch, almost to a solid. This ensures the powder bar is pulled back to pick up the next charge. Otherwise, call Dillon when U can be in front of the loader. :ph34r: