Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dumb Roommate

Scooter

Arrgh.

I get home last night to find a little note stuck to the door from the gas & electric company. They shut off the power and gas because someone didn't pay the bill. My dumbass roommate forgot to pay the pill for at least 2 months. It's not like it was a huge bill, only $200. I guess this sort of thing is kind of expected from someone who manage to file for bankruptcy at the age of 18.

Thank goodness for good friends that let me crash at their place or else I would have been taking a really cold shower in the dark this morning.

I had a roommate once who paid all the bills for a couple of months with MY checkbook.

This was during my younger days, definitely a "starving time", so I knew I had no money in the account to speak of, so I never missed the checkbook.

My Daad and I were not speaking at the time, so I didn't know he was taking care of all these bad checks (my mail was still going to my parents house). My Mom finally looked at one of these checks and informed my Dad that it wasn't even close to my handwriting. We broke our mutual silence at that point.

To this day I have never beaten anyone as bad as I beat that former roommate. It took all the self control I had not to splatter him all over the place with a 12 gauge. He eventually got out of the hospital.

Roommates suck.

It turned out all right though in the end. I moved in with a girl I had been dating. Married her a couple of years later. We had our 20th anniversary last year :D Now she's even a card-carrying USPSA member, so life is perfect B)

Hope things turn out alright for you.

Arrgh.

I get home last night to find a little note stuck to the door from the gas & electric company. They shut off the power and gas because someone didn't pay the bill. My dumbass roommate forgot to pay the pill for at least 2 months. It's not like it was a huge bill, only $200. I guess this sort of thing is kind of expected from someone who manage to file for bankruptcy at the age of 18.

Thank goodness for good friends that let me crash at their place or else I would have been taking a really cold shower in the dark this morning.

My roomate and I used to Play Madden Football on my Playstation everynight after we both got off of work (it was an ongoing rivalry we had). One month we were in the middle of a game and he asked "hey the electric bill came in do you want to pay it and get out of the way?" I said "nah lets do it tomarrow" we kept doing this for several weeks and in the middle of a game one night everything shut off. We were like "Oh, $hit", sitting in the dark with the Playstation controllers in our hands.

I ended up calling one of the girls I used to hook up with and stayed the night at her place and he called and stayed with one of his, until the next day when they finally turned our power back on at like 5:30 in the afternoon. Back then it sucked, it wasn't like we didn't have the money, we just kept putting it off like a couple of dumbasses. After that we never waited to pay it, that bill was paid the very same day it arrived and in the mail the next day. Thinking back on it now, neither of us living the batchelor lifestyle anymore, we still both laugh about it.

Edited by Cjblackmon