Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm looking forward to the N. Ill. Sectional, but haven't heard much chatter about the match. Anyone know what's up? The stages look great (especially the all steel stage)!

Z-man, there has been a lot of talk about this off the board. Nobody helping with the match, no prize table, no sponsors, etc. I agree, the stages do look like fun but if you look at the self squadding on the USPSA website you will note the match still has 75 open slots :( but I will still be there to shoot it and have fun!

I'm leaving Thurs for setup, shooting Friday, working Sat - Sun.

We have a full contingent working from my club. Have heard that some other section clubs are having issues staffing but the MD has things under control.

FYI, this is a cash payback - trophy match. Don't know if a prize table was a big concern.

Thanks for the reply SRT, you know how it is with the rumor mill. I prefer a trophy :D and cash payback :rolleyes: vs. a prize table anyway. Gives me something to shoot for. Looking forward to the match, see you there.

Sponsors? We don't need no stinking sponsors..

But we got these:

Springfield Armory

Double Tap Shooting Supplies

Arntzen Steel

TriggerKit.com

Innova Products

Pro Ears

Slip 2000 Lubricants

Competition Electronics

Canyon Creek Custom

Do we need more?? :D

Sounds good to me. I'm not too worried about sponsors and prizes and such, I just wanted to make sure the whole thing was going down, as I did notice that not too many people were signed up via online squadding.

I will be shooting in the Carmoney Super Squad on Sunday.

If you haven't been to the club before, it's nicely laid out, and plenty of shade. Everyone should have a great time. TCGC is a great club.

Weather forecast right now is rain for Friday night, Saturday, into early Sunday.

Mike - You Iowa guys might not be used to standing on flat ground when you shoot. :D

It looks like it might be a little wet. But most of the bays are gravel, sand, etc. and drain well. There is some grass to be seen on a couple of bays though.

I see in the match book, that recommended registration for Sat is Fri, and for Sun is Sat. so there might be some late entries. Otherwise there are only 42 shooters / 7 squads spread over 11 stages scheduled for Sunday.

It's gonna be a great day for Revo's.

Jim

Just to clarify Jim's post, there are 42 shooters scheduled for Sunday, and a total of 86 shooters in the match (according to the online squadding system). We had quite a few last-minute sign-ups at our Iowa Sectional a couple weeks ago, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that 86 grow significantly by the time it's all said and done at Polo.

Now Jim, we may have made you run up and down the hill in our "Rambo" stages through the woods at our sectional, but we're still plenty familiar with flat-land shooting. After all, we do live here in Iowa......! :)

I just got back from a great match, unfortunately my performace was probably the worst I have shot since I started. 5 mikes on the standards course alone, plus MANY mikes and no shoots during the match.

I only did well on one stage and that was the chrono! Either way, it was a great match. Not very friendly toward us short folks as there were quite a few targets that were placed low behind some high ports, but shooting is fun. The weather could have been better, but Dale, Dan, and all the folks did a GREAT job putting together a challenging and fun match. Last time I checked, they didn't control the weather.

Thanks!

RS

Ralph isn't kidding about the ports being too high for the vertically challenged. I don't think I have shot that many rounds on my tiptoes in the last 15 matches combined.... LOL, one small port was high with a target VERY tight to the left and a fault line VERY tight to the right, I was actually worried about the slide hitting me in the nose!! There were a couple low ports too that challenged the tall guys, probably made it a wash overall.

The weather flat sucked, light to moderate rain for all but about 2 stages on my squad. We made the best of it, and had a great time!!

Stage designs are very good, interesting and challenging. Not much hosing, that part I really like. You have to shoot a solid game to place, and I think that is the way it should be.

Me? Gun broke (extractor hook left the building) on my 6th stage, zeroed that stage trying to finish the stage. Another shooter loaned me an extractor, but it wasn't quite right for my gun and nearly zeroed another stage. Thanks anyway Todd, I sure appreciate it. One more stage left to go and Darryl loaned me his gun and ammo to shoot it, SWEEEEET gun and it shoots great. Thanks Darryl!! With two completely bombed stages my match was over, but I had a good time and that is really all that matters.

Hey guys,

Had a 'blast' getting whipped by the whole Carmoney clan. Enjoyed seeing Tom make major, and shooting with 'No Sights' Norm.

Next time I plan to bring Mexican blended cigars (for Mike), and some cheerleaders (for Sam). :)

Took the rest of my ammo and fired it over a chrono on Tuesday. Everything was between 736 to 789, with the avg being 754.81. So maybe I just gave them some rounds that were part of a bad run. :huh:

Had an excellent time with everyone. Appreciate the work that the guys at Tri-County went to. :D

Jim