Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Matches In Houston

Are there any local matches in the Houston area the weekend of June 10-11? I'll be in Houston on vacation June 10-16 visiting family and would like to work some shooting into the trip. I intended to shoot the Area 4 match that weekend, but that did not work out. Thanks for any information.

IMPACT is shooting their USPSA monthly match on Sunday (the 11th) at 9 AM. They are located just west of Houston.

For directions to the range, cut & paste the following website. This will give you the Texas South calendar. Click on the IMPACT schedule on the calendar (2nd Sunday each month).

(Hope the attached link works, if not PM me and I can send you back the info as an attachment.)

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calen...6ba&jsenabled=1

Impact IPSC WILL NOT have a June match. Due to a scheduling conflict with the range all 5 bays were not available. We plan on having our first match July 9th. Please keep an eye on the Texas South Section website http://www.texassouthsection.com/ for details.

Scott R, I am not familiar with IMPACT. Is this the first match of the season for you guys or is this the first match period for IMPACT?

How do I attend the match? Do I just show up?

Sorry for the bad information on IMPACT, but glad I said something. Saves me a wasted drive next Sunday.

There is also RangeMasters that shoots at an indoor range on Thursday evenings.

FYI Corpus is several hours from the north side of Houston (4-1/2 hours approximately 220 miles).

If you can't shoot, you can still at least visit the Briley shop and even say hello to Benny. I don't think Corpus is that far from Houston. Of course, I don't know Texas geography that well.

Rich

Corpus is about 4 hours southwest of Houston. B)

if you don't mind driving an hour, the greenwood match near lake jackson is worth a trip that weekend. bill runs a good match. also there are two weekday matches in houston. trigger time shoots every tuesday around 5:30 pm at american shooting center, and rangemasters shoots every thursday evening. not sure about what time they start. check texassouthsection.com for info on the greenwood and rangemaster matches. go to triggertime.us to get contact info for the tuesday match.

Impact IPSC WILL NOT have a June match. Due to a scheduling conflict with the range all 5 bays were not available. We plan on having our first match July 9th. Please keep an eye on the Texas South Section website http://www.texassouthsection.com/ for details.

Scott R, I am not familiar with IMPACT. Is this the first match of the season for you guys or is this the first match period for IMPACT?

How do I attend the match? Do I just show up?

Impact IPSC shut down several months ago and we are restarting the clubs operations. Currently we are trying to work out scheduling conflicts with other operations at the range in order to have 5 bays available. At this point we are not certain that there will be a match every month, so be sure to monitor the TSS website.