Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-15

Anyone shoot this one? Any advice on how it should be shot? We have it this weekend. Looks like a good ole fashioned holster test since you aren't allowed to touch the gun before setting the can in place. I'll post how it goes next week.

Interestingly, the description does not say how high to make the "posts" that the cans are to placed on top of. I emailed John Amidon, however, and was told that the top of the post should be at 42".

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-15.pdf

(Edited by DBChaffin at 9:00 am on May 3, 2002)

Edited by sperman
Broken Link

• 9 months later...

Anybody got a fave shooting order for this one?

The a-zones are visible on top of steel, so no waiting...

I'm thinking maybe right steel, left steel, left paper right paper.

That should be better than down up, down up, but the recoil could ride you up to the paper.

Thoughts?

We shot this one last month, in the pouring rain.  

Word to the wise...when going into box B (right handed shooters...box A for lefties) with the can in hand it is REAL easy to swap hands with the can and incur a penalty.  I did this going into box B.  I was indexing on the targets and swapped the can into my left hand and put it on the post while going for the draw.  I realized what I had done and probably actually doubled my penalty in time delay while I mentally lashed myself for being stupid but still finished it "ok".  Would have done MUCH better without the penalty.  Silly rookie mistake and/or brain freeze.  Live and learn.  :)

I did PP1 PP2 T5 T4 because I wasn't sure that I wouldn't be waiting on the steel to fall if I tried to go PP1 T4 PP2 T5.

• 3 months later...

We shot this one yesterday in a special. Thanks for the information on the posts, I was wondering how high to make them.

I shot this one with a revolver first, and then an open blaster. Revolver shooters will love this one. On the right side I took the close target first then drove the gun into the other two paper targets. Simple enough. The left side is great for a wheel gun. I took the left popper then rode the recoil right into the A zone on the left paper. Pull the sight into the notch and index right on to the second popper and ride the recoil right into the A zone on the second paper. Managed 11 A's and 1 C hit in just under 9 seconds. The hit factor was 6.6218 and I was stoked.

Shot it in the same order with my open blaster and lost the freaking dot on the left side...argh. I hosed on the steel and hammered the second one 3 times being a smart ass because I thought I hit a no shoot. Managed 6 A's and 6 C's in 8.84 seconds for a hit factor of 6.1086. It is humilating to beat myself with a wheel gun vs. an open gun, lol. It's even worse screwing up what started to be a decent open classifier by getting cute.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A Open 58 points 9.19 seconds 6.3112 HF

A sandbagging 84% nationally.

This one required locking down the Gholster.

To get off the line, weight one leg toward the box, then lift that leg at the beep.

I don't recall how I shot the left array. Probably at the time, I went PP, PP, IPSC, IPSC. But now I would probably try PP, IPSC, PP, IPSC. Right side is a no-brainer.

Open again, 4-and-hundredths the first string, 5-and-hundredths the second string, nothing but aces. I shot PP, IPSC, PP, IPSC. I traded that horizontal popper transition for a short vertical paper transition.

A Open 60 points 9.14 seconds 6.5646 hit factor

I emailed John Amidon, however, and was told that the top of the post should be at 42".

The guy who put this together yesterday asked me about the height. I remembered last night (actually, this morning at 1 AM) and got out of bed to check this forum. Thanks DB, you saved us from shooting it with 48" posts.

Edited by Erik Warren