Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Source For Sti Slide

Richie

Wondering where the majority of people on here buy their parts? I want to support those vendors that support our shooting hobby first and foremost, but also looking for a STI 5" slide (unique cut) in .40 caliber and just looking for everyone's feedback on the best place to get this? All feedback is appreciated! I'd even buy a used one from a vendor lol just starting my limited project on a STI long dustcover setup! I appreciate it!

I ordered my uniques slide today from Chuck! i got that and the .40 KKM barrel setup to go with it! Can't wait for it to arrive, i'm going to have Gans fit the assembly together for me sometime in the next few weeks! Thanks again for the feedback!

Not to sound as a "Monday morning quarterback", but...

If you are considering utilizing the services of a "local/known" 'smith, wouldn't it make a lot of sense (and sentimental consideration) to inquire from that 'smith first???? Not only would he might be able to match prices ... the total "package deal" cost could be lower and the work completed faster.

I undertand that there is a "pride of bargaining" involved in obtaining "my own" parts, but there are other things to consider in this "ointment". For one, when a 'smith obtains parts for you, that 'smith will be glad to address defects or warrantee concerns should they arise in the future. That usually changes when the customer supplies the parts. The exception to this "unwritten rule" is the frame. Just my $0.02 IMHO. ;)

Not to sound as a "Monday morning quarterback", but...

If you are considering utilizing the services of a "local/known" 'smith, wouldn't it make a lot of sense (and sentimental consideration) to inquire from that 'smith first???? Not only would he might be able to match prices ... the total "package deal" cost could be lower and the work completed faster.

I undertand that there is a "pride of bargaining" involved in obtaining "my own" parts, but there are other things to consider in this "ointment". For one, when a 'smith obtains parts for you, that 'smith will be glad to address defects or warrantee concerns should they arise in the future. That usually changes when the customer supplies the parts. The exception to this "unwritten rule" is the frame. Just my $0.02 IMHO. ;)

Point very well taken, although my gunsmith told me to go ahead and get the parts from chuck as well, as his prices were very good and had them in stock. I did check with the 'smith and wanted to give him the first opportunity. I forgot to mention that! Sorry!