Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling all rice-boys!

TravisT

I have to say that I have always been a fan of the America Muscle car.  The more power the better.  But over the past few year I have come around on some of the Japanese car.  The happy combination of speed and handling.  I have only been a passenger in the Integra Type R but it was cool!!!  But the more I look into rally car my interests are definitely leaning toward the Mitsubishi Lancer!!!  This car kicks ass!!

• 2 months later...

the Lancer looks cool, but it would be a better story if the Lancer they imported was the Evolution VII (aka 3XX hp, turbo)  At least the Subaru WRX, American Version, has the turbo.  The Euro/Asian version, so I am told, is (like its competitor, the Lancer Evo VII) is scary fast and handles like no other.

• 3 weeks later...

guess you can consider me a rice boy too since I own a stock integra V tec. Cool car,  8000 rpm redline. sounds like a chain when you get it up there ( the RPM).

What I meant was, it sounds like a "chain saw". Like it when the other cam lobe kicks in from 6000 to 8000 RPM. You feel a little surge like a turbo kicking in. I remember one time I went past the redline and I think it was in the vicinity of 8400 RPM in second gear that the engine cut off. Scared the living daylights out of me. I thought I had a blown engine.

Yup rev limiters can be a bitch and yes the VTEC kicking in is cool, thats when he catches me, when the VTEC comes on in second, its a rush, kinda wish mine had it, mine redlines at 6800, and the rev limiter kicks on right then...bumped it a couple of times after driving the Type-R...keep wanting to push it to 8000 too ...they shoulda put the SR20ve in the Sentra SE-R Spec-V instead of that new 2.5L... or better yet, the SR20VET... Variable timing AND TURBO...WOOHOO almost 300 hp in a car that weighs 2500lbs. KA

Pat