Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muscle Building for Pistol Shooters

grassy knoll

I thought I would let you, my friends, in on a little secret I've found for building my arm and shoulder muscles. You might wish to adopt this regimen 3 days a week. I start by standing outside behind the house and, with a 5 pound potato sack in each hand, extend my arms straight out to my sides and hold them there as long as I can. After a while I moved up to 10 pound potato sacks, then 50 pound potato sacks and finally I got to where I could lift a 100 pound potato sack in each hand and hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute! This was real work, but the results were worth it! Next, I started putting a few potatoes in the sacks, but I would caution you not to overdo it at this level

This makes me want to sing a song....

...I'm a tenor, but I sometimes sing for five...

...I have a beautiful voice, it just comes out wrong....

...If I sing over by the door, will you help me OUT?....

Bill,

Again thanks for the book info and here is one that I think you might like for the arms.

I do what are called hammer curls with two 15 - 20 lb. dumbells.  I sit in my office type chair or stand, I prefer to sit so that I concentrate or isolate the particular muscles and do four count repetitions, 1,2,3,-1, 1,2,3,-2, etc. alternating left and right arms during the cadence.  Try it I think you will like the results.

This was the humor  workout thread and some of my workouts become a joke, like the 5 mile run I was intending to do this morning before work.

Latter