Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where To Buy A Svi

GIO

I would like to purchase a sVi but i am confused regarding where, how, etc. You see tons of sTi complete factory guns for sale but not so with SV. Are they more of a custom builder or a supplier of frames and slides? Their Web site is kinda lame and has been the same forever and that gunbuilder feature is useless IMHO.

Help! and thanks in advance.

GIO

I would like to purchase a sVi but i am confused regarding where, how, etc. You see tons of sTi complete factory guns for sale but not so with SV. Are they more of a custom builder or a supplier of frames and slides? Their Web site is kinda lame and has been the same forever and that gunbuilder feature is useless IMHO.

Help! and thanks in advance.

GIO

The Gunbuilder feature is actually how you build your gun. SVI builds gun per order so each gun is basically a custom gun. Where STI builds a particular model, Infinity doesn't do that. This is good and bad. It is bad because you'll have to wait for it to be built but good because you have the gun built EXACTLY how you want it. What the Gunbuilder does is walk you through the process and you pick EVERY part of you gun in which they build.

When the gun is complete it will be shipped to an FFL and you do the transfer. Some companies stock certain SVI's such as http://www.speedshooter.com/category_list.cfm?ID=PI and at times www.jprifles.com will have them.

Another great place to look is on this forum. Many people have them and decide to sell. I have one and absolutely love it. I've been shooting it now for a few years and I can't say enough great things about it.

Another option would be to get a gun built by a true gunsmith such as Brazos or Bedell. www.brazoscustom.com. The Brazos guns are built with STI frames though.

Good luck,

Pete

I have several SV's and STI's. I think the SV guns are a step above the STI guns that are factory built. The fit , finish, parts Scheuman barrels etc are IMHO better. Try Speed Shooters, they usually have a few in stock.