Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 Gun Orgnazation In Tucson

I am just starting a new 3 gun organization in Tucson Arizona. the group now is open to all. we need help with everything and everything is up to change even the name. as it is now we have started with rules but are looking for a place to hold matches in the Tucson area if anyone can offer any advice or help you can respond to me here or on the yahoo group I started http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southwestcombat/ right now there are only a few members I hope to grow soon and fast thanks in advance Scott

I am just curious why you think you need to start a new organization. Is something wrong with USPSA or IMGA?

everyone has gotton too restrictive and too complacated with their rules I want to keep it simple and open for most thanks scott

n7usn,

have you attended the 3 gun matches that we put on monthly in Phoenix? We run by the IMGA rules and I would be curious as to what you feel is restrictive and complicated about IMGA?

We are about as laissez faire as possible as are most IMGA groups, so I am really curious as to why you feel you need to start a new group as opposed to working within an existing one to make it better.

In any case, good luck to you.

n7usn,

have you attended the 3 gun matches that we put on monthly in Phoenix? We run by the IMGA rules and I would be curious as to what you feel is restrictive and complicated about IMGA?

We are about as laissez faire as possible as are most IMGA groups, so I am really curious as to why you feel you need to start a new group as opposed to working within an existing one to make it better.

In any case, good luck to you.

Ditto.

IMGA is about as 'run whatcha brung' as you can get.

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Let him start a new one. They might come up with some great ideas and rules. The more we have the more conviluted I always say! Seriously, go for it, I hope it works out.

Edited by AH6IP

Good luck guys...I'll come give one of your matches a try so long as the rules aren't too out there. I'm all for matches having different rules so long as they're logical and accomplish the goals the directors wish to achieve.

That said, I think the core IMGA rules are the most logical and can be easily modified to suit the match; i.e. MGM Ironman and Cavalry Arms 3 Gun.

This is a grassroots attempt at trying to get a true practical combat organization. The goal is to get a place that is less restrictive and encourages development of combat shooting.

Based on this statement, there should be no equipment divisions whatsoever...life isn't fair, the bad guy isn't going to care if you're using various accessories and mag capacities. Scoring should be straight heads up with all equipment and shooters all judged against each other. If someone is using gear that is a dramatic advantage, well others should start using it too.

If you want to discourage heavily modified guns and practical equipment have a penalty for every time the firearm malfunctions during the course of fire.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

If you want to discourage heavily modified guns and practical equipment have a penalty for every time the firearm malfunctions during the course of fire.

Isn't the malfunction a penalty unto itself?

-ld