Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Hospitality

carinab

Went to Tulsa for the weekend to visit the inlaws...The local Tulsa guys were going to a shoot in Arkansas and invited me along. What a whole bunch of fun! It was the Old Fort Shootout - you shoot the same match over two days but you have to shoot different categories. I had only planned to shoot Saturday as my neice's birthday party was Sunday (the reason for the trip). One of the shooters on my squad suggested that I might ask to shoot through and do the "2nd" match on the same day. I asked the match staff and they said "Why not?" Wow! 14 stages in one day. Whew! Thank you to the Old Fort crew (David, Joy, Bruce, Johnny and all the folks who worked the match). Johnny was nice enough to hang around and run me on a couple of stages as the squads had already finished. Thanks also to Kevin for giving me some ammo since I didn't bring quite enough.

I definitely learned a couple things this weekend....the folks in Fort Smith are a real nice crowd to shoot with (thanks to you shooters who let me jump in and shoot through), Lynn Jones seems kinda' tall, and if you break a nail, you can use the grip tape on your gun as a nail file... :P:D:lol: