Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 Flambee

InTheBlack

I changed my load & powder recently, and I dont' have it quite right because I'm getting a lot of unburned powder residue gunking up the innards of my blaster.

I don't have any idea why residue wipes right off, but unburned powder wants to stick so tenaciously to the insides of the a gun.  And its always in the corners where a toothpick won't go.

It occured to me that since Hoppe's is mostly kerosene anyway, I could solve the problem by the quick application of a propane torch to the frame...

I think the Glock would do just fine on the top-rack of the dishwasher (though I wouldn't want that waste from a dirty gun floating around in the Maytag).

ITB...there ought to be any number of cleaners that would get at the gunk.

- a good CLP

- a detergent, like Simple Green

- Gunscrubber

- brake cleaner

lots of options.

if you do the kerosene and the torch...could ya vidoe that for us???

flamethrower.gif

Do what I did:  quit cleaning your gun.  

Every now and then I'll scrub the lead out & re-slide glide it.  Then I fuggedabowdit and go shoot.  Shooting is MUCH more entertaining than cleaning anyway.

Eric,

Cleaning can be entertaining.

Especially when the guy you sold a 44 Desert Eagle too three days previously comes back with it, in a small paper bag, and asks for help with the neat new JIGSAW he just invented after deciding to clean the gun properly.