Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Sloth Like Draw...

As forum regulars know, I have never had a consistent fumble free draw at a speed that one would expect considering my classifier, standards, and speed shoot scores. I dry fired and practiced for many years with the goal of shaving time from my draw. I progressed, but the progress was very slow in coming.

Well, I took a 7 month break from shooting. When I got back into the dry fire routine my goal was to simply get back to where I left off. I take a break every winter and I knew it would be a simple matter to get back up to speed in a couple of weeks. So, I have been dry firing and live firing with no particular goals or expectations other than to get back into the groove. I am now performing better than ever. For the first time in my life, I can perform sub one second draws on demand until I am ankle deep in brass. Likewise, my skinny gun reloads are better than ever.

Sam and I had a long conversation about what happened and why. I am not sure I fully understand what's going on but it's kind of cool, and it's for darn sure a really good feeling.