Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full Moon Carrying Ideas

aerosigns

Think about it....our world rotates, our solar system rotates, even our galaxy rotates....and so the ultimate expression of rotation, the dremel tool, is at the center of everything.

It's a Zen thing. Being one with your inner dremel.

Huh? The world rotates, it looks flat to me. OOOOOOOOHH! Now my heads spinning! Maybe I need Cranial Rotary Evacuation, bring your Dremel to the Sunflower Dr. Dre. We'll see if'n it can't zends me t'nother plaine. :lol:

Stopped by Wally World today.

Picked up a Plano 3503, Pro Latch Stowaway (Spinner Bait holder.... Get it :lol: ) for $2.88.

7.5"L x 5.88"W x 4.88"H

I was able to easily put 40 loaded 'Spinners' in. There is probably room for a few more if I really worked at it. The size is good. It fits right in the center section of my range bag.

PL3503.bmpPL3503_02.bmp

See you Saturday night or Sunday.

Jim

if this has been beaten to death already, my apologies....

I am hesistant to transport loaded moon clips in MD after a long dissertation by the President of one of our local shooting clubs regarding the fact that the State of MD considers a loaded box magazine for a pistol legally to be the same as a loaded pistol, in the event that your vehicle is searched by the police. According to this retired LE, you could have an unloaded pistol in your car, a loaded pistol magazine somewhere else in your car, and still legally be charged with having a loaded pistol in your car, which is generally a significant violation unless you are one of the ten or twenty ccw permit holders in the state.

While I haven't spent any time on it, a loaded moon clip seems functionally to serve the same purpose as a loaded pistol magazine.

Individual LE officers will frequently tell you that this shouldn't be a problem unless you are already in trouble for something else, but still the ambiguity is unsettling.

Am I the first person to bring this up?

Tim

Yes you are Urbanti. And in some areas probably a VERY Serious concern.

But then, in a lighter note, how many LE would recognize a Moon Clip for what it is. Probably couldn't figure out where it fits into their Glock.

Though some might see it, especially a whole bundle/box of them, and think, WHOA! All of these evil loaded cartridges bundled together right out in the OPEN! My Lord, this has gotta be illegal! A weapon of Mass Destruction! Call the DA!

Ask those who went to the WS or the IDPA Winter Nationals about jumping through hoops for ammunition.

Yes you are Urbanti. And in some areas probably a VERY Serious concern.

But then, in a lighter note, how many LE would recognize a Moon Clip for what it is. Probably couldn't figure out where it fits into their Glock.

I've heard these referred to as a "rotary assault drum" by a certain gunwriter. :lol: Tongue in cheek, of course.

Edited by Keith

See attached pictures for what I made (based on suggestions I found in this forum). It holds 50 clips. The dowels are 3/8 inches, the board itself measures 18.5 inches x 7.5 inches. I put it at the bottom of a tool box, my revolvers on top of it. I find it to be very practical. post-7358-1145724277.jpgpost-7358-1145724323.jpg