Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doing Something Stupid

vincent

I was at the range today for the first time in over a month trying to get at least a few rounds down range before Space City. I had a bunch of ammo loaded up and a ziploc with 3 rounds I thought were questionable. Bet you can see where this is going. :ph34r:

<Stupid mode start>

After shooting for a while I take a break and actually load up the questionable rounds in a magazine and shoot them to "see if they are OK". The second round of three had no powder and the primer pushed the bullet into the barrel just a little bit. I noticed immediately and didn't fire the last round.

<Stupid mode end>

As I was taking the gun down to tap the bullet out I starting thinking about the many different ways in which what I just did was stupid. Three rounds are worth basically nothing so if they were questionable they should have been in the "trash" box. Why I would put these rounds in my expensive Open gun, while shooting by myself at a range in the middle of no where, close to a major match, the list goes on ...

Hopefully someone will read this and not do the same thing.

Wearing my dunce cap and sitting in the corner. :blink:

Been there and done that. While stupid probably describes everyone guilty of it, let's call it a "learning experience" since we've changed out ways.

I now toss anything that is suspect.

Yep. I've done that.

I keep waiting for someone to invent the portable "DON'T DO THAT. YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!" audible alarm. I'd be glad to test the beta version, based on my extensive background in stupid things.

I keep waiting for someone to invent the portable "DON'T DO THAT. YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!" audible alarm.

Maybe one could be adapted from the "Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses" from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Vincent,

Buy yourself a $15 bullet puller and if you have any more questionable rounds you can "check" 'em with that instead of taking the chance of blowing up yourself or your gun.

Better to just throw them away though.

Edited by C.Keen