Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Screw Up #3

Sgtsvi

The last stage for me was stage 2.

1st run: I got all the way through and one of the steel plates didnt want to fall after 3 hits. I had a less than satisfactory reload, so I accepted the reshoot.

2nd run: I got about 3/4 through and had a funny sounding round that made the RO stop me. The bullet left the gun so I was given another reshoot.

3rd run: I was using my just in case ammo that I brought. I loaded it last year when I was still learning the craft of loading. I got almost all the way through and had another squib round. This one stayed in the barrel and I was hosed. I left 4 steel plates and 2 paper targets.

I was in a hurry the day before the match and I should have loaded another 100 rounds of good stuff. Being lazy about my ammo cost me 80 points and first place C open.

The last stage for me was stage 2.

1st run: I got all the way through and one of the steel plates didnt want to fall after 3 hits. I had a less than satisfactory reload, so I accepted the reshoot.

2nd run: I got about 3/4 through and had a funny sounding round that made the RO stop me. The bullet left the gun so I was given another reshoot.

3rd run: I was using my just in case ammo that I brought. I loaded it last year when I was still learning the craft of loading. I got almost all the way through and had another squib round. This one stayed in the barrel and I was hosed. I left 4 steel plates and 2 paper targets.

I was in a hurry the day before the match and I should have loaded another 100 rounds of good stuff. Being lazy about my ammo cost me 80 points and first place C open.

Ouch, bet that doesn't happen again. I think I have only went to a match once with just enough ammo, it was a local match. Any big matches I have been too I have always taken double the amount of ammo needed.

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40