Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rookie Shooter Needs Another Holster

Goose

Hello to all,

06 has been the year of the first for me, shot my first IDPA match, just got my first 1911 pistol, a Kimber Gold Combat RL11 and now my first post on this forum.

I would luv to use the Kimber in the next match but, the holster I bought just doesn't work for me, I was wondering if anyone else uses this gun in competition and if so what type of holster do you use. I found the post that list all of the holster suppliers but I am afraid to order another one for fear that I would end up with two that I don't like. Since this gun has a rail my options seem to be limited. Thanks in advance. What a great place to learn about a great sport.

FWIW,

I've ALWAYS had great quality and service from Comp-tac.

I don't think you'd go wrong with them........

Mike

Same here. The folks at Comp-Tac compete so they understand what you need. Give them a call and tell them what you need and that you need it for IDPA. They will take care of you.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Edited by Gregg K

I'm not sure what your plans for the future are but a CR Speed could be another good option for you. You'll be able to use it in L10 (I assume you're shooting that since the gun has a rail) or you can use it in Limited also if you ever decide to shoot in IPSC. Comp-Tac for IDPA should be a great choice though. I have 2 Bladetechs and I love both of them.

Hello to all,

06 has been the year of the first for me, shot my first IDPA match, just got my first 1911 pistol, a Kimber Gold Combat RL11 and now my first post on this forum.

I would luv to use the Kimber in the next match but, the holster I bought just doesn't work for me, I was wondering if anyone else uses this gun in competition and if so what type of holster do you use. I found the post that list all of the holster suppliers but I am afraid to order another one for fear that I would end up with two that I don't like. Since this gun has a rail my options seem to be limited. Thanks in advance. What a great place to learn about a great sport.

Edited by jasmap