Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifying By Division?

bp78

There is a classifier tomorrow that I was planning to shoot (my first) but will need to shoot it with my SSP since my ESP gun just arrived and isn't setup yet.

Will my SSP rating carry over to the ESP division or do I need to reclassify again once I get comfortable with my ESP pistol?

There is a classifier tomorrow that I was planning to shoot (my first) but will need to shoot it with my SSP since my ESP gun just arrived and isn't setup yet.

Will my SSP rating carry over to the ESP division or do I need to reclassify again once I get comfortable with my ESP pistol?

Reclassify in ESP

PAT

Why not just shoot your ssp gun in esp? Then you will have a classification when the new blaster is ready to go.

Because "someone" will certainly crawl his ass about "sandbagging!" B)

But that really is a good idea. IMHO. :)

Why not just shoot your ssp gun in esp?

My Sig P228, with it's alloy frame and short barrel, will probably shoot much slower than the 5" double stack steel 1911 that is replacing it. I guess I'll just go classify SSP and reclassify at the next opportunity with my ESP. I'm sure our local matches won't mind me claiming my SSP classification while shooting ESP.

I was just fuzzy earlier if a classification was good across the board or is done by division.

Because "someone" will certainly crawl his ass about "sandbagging!"

hehehe, I wonder if I could sell any t-shirts at the sanctioned matches?

"I was sand-bagged at the ______-State match and all I got was this stinking T-Shirt"

Shoot some holes in the T-shirt for effect

OR

______ State Match

Entry Fee = $ 75.00

150 rounds = $ 15.00

Sandbagged out of first place = Priceless

Because "someone" will certainly crawl his ass about "sandbagging!"

hehehe, I wonder if I could sell any t-shirts at the sanctioned matches?

"I was sand-bagged at the ______-State match and all I got was this stinking T-Shirt"

Shoot some holes in the T-shirt for effect

OR

______ State Match

Entry Fee = $ 75.00

150 rounds = $ 15.00

Sandbagged out of first place = Priceless

One of each...XL please. :D:P:D

It's not sandbagging. ESP Classifier times are faster because IDPA assumes ESP guns have an advantage over guns that need to start double-action. In effect, you're handicapping yourself by shooting an SSP gun in ESP.

You do have to shoot a separate Classifier for each classification you want.

If your club allows, you can shoot the same gun and run through the Classifier twice in the same day - once in ESP and once in SSP.

From page 21 of the current rule book:

Pistols approved for SSP may also be used in ESP and CDP

depending upon caliber, even if the pistol in question has a fulllength

dust cover. However, should the pistol in question have a

modification that removes it from SSP, it must meet all other

division criteria for ESP or CDP, again depending upon caliber.

From page 72

When

shooting the classifier for different divisions, you must shoot a

separate classification match for each division you wish to

compete in, even if you use the same gun.

Jane

If your intent is to then swtich to a faster ESP gun to compete, thats what we call sandbagging

Have another idea for a new T-shirt slogan.

"I classifed with a _________ , am shooting a _________ "

here to SANDBAG YOUR ARSES"

Should I go into production on the shirts?

I wonder?

disclaimer: all my T-shirt slogan posts in this thread are SARCASTIC!

Just shoot, use all matches to identify areas of your shooting that need improvement and work to improve.

OR

????

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just shoot your ssp gun in esp? Then you will have a classification when the new blaster is ready to go.

But that really is a good idea. IMHO. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drug this post from another forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB

Well, there you go. Now, THAT would certainly be a help to sandbagging.

My opinion is that if the shooter is a sandbagger, the shooter will find a way to sandbag. This rule does nothing but make it harder to get classified.

I have shot two classifiers in my life. I am classified in one division, CDP. I shot a glock all last fall locally but never classified because I didn't have the opportunity. I think the only classifier the local club shot was rained out this year. I thought about shooting one with a neighboring club but it filled up before I got the information. Having to shoot different classifiers for different divisions is silly.

IF the gun fits the requirements of 2 or 3 divisions then by all means give the shooter the rank they shoot. If a guy wants to bring his gamer masterblaster back and say upgrade for esp, then so be it.

Another option which I also think is against the rules is to break up the classifier and allow parts of it to be shot during a local match.

Sorry for the rant but why does IDPA try to make something so easy, well, hard?