Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light Primer Strikes

MARKUSEJ

Flex,

The portion of the trigger bar that contacts the striker safety? Maybe!!??

It kinda looks like a birds head.

From what DOD is describing, that seems like the only option.

It seems like a bad idea to alter the dimensions of anything on the trigger bar except for hole relocation. IMHO.

Well shot a match today and had no light strikes. I ended up putting back in the stock/polished FP safety plunger. It made the pull a little worse but I think that the less rounded edge is getting the plunger out of the way much better. I also switched to small pistol primers. Seems like these 2 things have done the trick!

*QUOTE*

What's the "bird's head"?

The portion of the trigger bar that comes in contact with the connector.

*QUOTE*

I ended up putting back in the stock/polished FP safety plunger. It made the pull a little worse but I think that the less rounded edge is getting the plunger out of the way much better.

Did you cut some coils off the plunger spring? There is no noticible difference in my trigger pull w/ the plunger in or out. Cut 3 coils off the spring and try it.

Tip:If you loose the plunger spring(which is easy to do) use a ball point pen spring.

Edited by the duck of death

*QUOTE*

The trigger position (using all stock components) required to entirely move the plunger out of the way is nearly aainst the back of the trigger housing.

You might try this: shorten the bird's head, that will move the safety plunger finger further to the rear when the striker falls.

So things can be adjusted, just go slow until you know what your doing.

That's how I fixed it, and recommended the same to this person way back in my first post:

I fixed mine by removing a bit of metal off the top of the trigger bar where it engages the lip on the disconnector. That meant the trigger had to go a shade farther back before the trigger bar dropped low enough to release the striker.

I didn't know it had an official name.