Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Esp Mags For 2011 Widebody.

Merlin Orr

I tried my ESP specific STI Eagle in the box yesterday. My mags are to long....

They are shorter than 140 but longer than 126mm. What I have, I don't know - but they will not fit the box by about 3/16".

Capacity is not the issue as the round count is limited per ESP rules.

Specific question.

What are you using for the S_I widebody in ESP. Comments about springs, basepads and dependability are appreciated.

Newer 126mm SV tubes, Arredondo wedge base pads, SV old black followers, ISMI springs cut to 10 or 11 coils, they'll hold 17 if need be, and lock the slide back. So far 100% reliable.

Sounds like maybe you have the "old" preban 140mm tubes which were about midway between 140 and 126. <_<

When you get the mag locked into the gun, the base pad should almost disappear in the magwell if you're using an SV magwell (or be pretty almost flush with the bottom of the grip if not). They're tight.

Edited by sfinney

Merlin,

I shoot a SVI .40 but it is a short dustcover bushing gun. I have the newer STI 126 mm tubes with Dawson wedge basepads. I run the stock STI follower and springs which are 100% in locking the slide back and can be loaded to 16 rds if need be. This setup fits in the box just fine. BTW I have the SVI magwell which fits as well with no mods.

Good luck, Craig

Merlin..

when I had my STi 9mm..

STI 126mm mags..they fit flush to the bottom of the gun..

used the STI 9mm followers and spacers and the SV aluminum wedge baseplates..

looked like this..

post-627-1144094626.jpg

Edited by eerw

Merlin..

when I had my STi 9mm..

STI 126mm mags..they fit flush to the bottom of the gun..

used the STI 9mm followers and spacers and the SV aluminum wedge baseplates..

looked like this..

post-627-1144094626.jpg

Thanks to all for the replies. I just ordered STI 126mms. Thought hard about the SV mags but $20+ diff in the price...

Yeah, $20 more for the SV tubes, but they don't need spacers (or in my case even tuning) to work right with 9mm. ;)

I am hoping they won't need spacers - or for that matter tuning either. The 4 mags I already have run great with WWB - they are just too long in length. I bought them as 126mm from an individual only to discover they are actually not 126s but old style 140s.....I understand they are still kind of desirable for some applications - But not for IDPA use unfortunately..