Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dropping Points

Did the Double Tap shoot, I had a some good stages and a few sad ones. my question is I found my gun/dot going back to make up C hits six times. I dropped 49 points out of a 1575 posible for the 12 stages. total of 5 dogs and 34 C s. I think I backed off too much. I don't drive 55 in a 70 speed limit I should have pushed more? Or Not? all the Dogs were slow trigger / freez :unsure:

<_< The only miss I had to make up was on a steel plate, and I was moving when I shot the miss. I don't have a memory of any misses on paper having to be made up.

Edited by AlamoShooter

BTDT and will do it again, more than likely.

I find myself doing that when I break a shot without any kind of focus on the sights, but I realize I just did it, and make it up right away. That's better than breaking a shot with no focus, and not making it up, but nowhere near as good as breaking a shot with intense focus and calling the shot with precision.

The answer, for me, seems to be intense focus on the sights - and keeping it on each and every shot, and not getting lax, lazy, or distracted.... I don't tend to make up shots in that state - and if I do, it's because I got impatient and put one off the target or in the D...

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie,

I went through the same thing at the same match last year. I'd always heard "if you can shoot 95% of the available points in a match you'll win your class." Well I can tell you 92% won't get you anywhere close!

I hate to state the obvious but I'm afraid doing well requires shooting 95% of match point QUICKLY.

It is all about points - and how fast you can get 'em.

Al