Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Few Rules Questions

Suches

Mark, what gripes? I stated that I liked matches with a high round count. Is that what you consider a gripe? I did not knock Claude's match.

Does it bother you that I prefer one match style over another? Do you not like the fact that the South River match is growing under Capel's leadership?

Instead of supporting his match you seem to knock it. You should be glad that someone stepped up to the plate to run the match rather than being critical of it. No one is holding a gun to your head to make you shoot it. If you prefer Claude's match style over Capel's then that is your choice, but don't be critical of it just because you don't like his style. There is enough IPSC vs IDPA crap still going on. You don't need to be trying to cause a rift in IDPA over match style.

Not sure if you are coming, but you probably won't like the Alabama match. There are 11 stages with 178 rounds required. Lots of movers too.

I hope you do come. I miss seeing some of the Atlanta guys. :) How is Mike doing?

Joe

Joe,

I seems that the charge is that a high round count match is not a "quality" match. To make that argument, one has to equate quality with realism. In a "realistic" scenario, one would never fire 18 rounds. So the conclusion is that some of us are just "gamers" who are tainting the purity of IDPA with our unrealistic COF's. :P

Mark, what gripes? I stated that I liked matches with a high round count. Is that what you consider a gripe? I did not knock Claude's match.

You're usual gripes are about no GM/pro class. Classification system, power factor, Bill Wilson etc....

Does it bother you that I prefer one match style over another? Do you not like the fact that the South River match is growing under Capel's leadership?

Could care less what your preference is. Just haven't figured out why you want IDPA to be IPSC instead of just going over and shooting IPSC/USPSA. It has everything you seem to like. GM/M classification, classifier stages in every match, powerfactor scoring, high round count and no Bill Wilson.

Instead of supporting his match you seem to knock it. You should be glad that someone stepped up to the plate to run the match rather than being critical of it. No one is holding a gun to your head to make you shoot it. If you prefer Claude's match style over Capel's then that is your choice, but don't be critical of it just because you don't like his style. There is enough IPSC vs IDPA crap still going on. You don't need to be trying to cause a rift in IDPA over match style.

I do support his match. I shoot it every month. Do you? It's ok for you to be critical of whatever you like but if I voice my opinion on the current MD's disregard of the rules or IPSC like COF's its wrong?

Not sure if you are coming, but you probably won't like the Alabama match. There are 11 stages with 178 rounds required. Lots of movers too.

Haven't decided yet. Probably. Got a lot going on. BTW, I think I've shot the AL match for 5-6 straight years. Probably more than you. And what does round count have to do with anything? Have you ever seen me post or heard me say anything about round counts at IPDA matchs or movers for that matter? Ron usually puts on a great match every year.

I hope you do come. I miss seeing some of the Atlanta guys. :) How is Mike doing?

Joe

I'm sure there will be a representation of GA shooters there.

Mark

Mark, I must have missed something. I did not see anything in my post about power factor, Bill Wilson or GM/IPSC. Guess I need to read it again.

What makes you think I want IDPA to be like IPSC? About the only thing I really don't care for is the IDPA Classification system.

Seems like you said there was only one "real" IDPA match in Atlanta. Hmmmmm does that mean that the SR match is not an IDPA match? Sounds to me like an IPSC match in IDPA clothing.

I will give Bill a call Monday. He will straighten out that Capel guy. :P