Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

24 No Longer In Production?

SA Friday

Been hearing Glock is going to discontinue the 24 and just go with the 35. Can anyone confirm this or disprove it?

I'm looking at the 24 over the 35 for my Limited gun, and if this is true, it will change my monetary decision making.

GlockSpeed31 is correct.

Glock USA stopped importing the 17L, 24, & 24C after the introduction of the 34 & 35 models. In 2005 Glock USA imported a limited number of 17L, 24, & 24C. These models remain in wholesale and retail inventories, however when they are gone it would probably be at least 4 years before any were imported if at all. The demand for the 6" barrel models is quite small given the popularity of the 34 & 35's.

Quantities are limited so don't delay... B)

Thanks for the info! I think this weekend I'll either break down and get the G24, or convince myself to wait and get a G35 later. I was leaning towards the G24 because of the extra weight up front and the longer sight radius, not so much the 1/2 inch of barrel.

Thanks again.

I love my G24C. I use it as my limited gun. I put a KKM barrel in it, JP enterprise extended mag release, Dawson fiber optic front sight, heine rear sight, Dawson Ice magwell, THE extended tungsten guide rod, ISMI 15lbs spring, wolf internal springs, recut trigger bar, polished internals, and 5 Arredondo +5 basepads. I was planning on getting a G35 too, but the limited production run got me. The word on the street for 3rd Gen longslides is 500 24C's, 1,000 G24's, and 1,000 17L's. When there gone there gone. I'll get a G35 later. I'm having to much fun with my G24.

DSC00013_edited.jpg

Edited by glockadict

I love my G24C. I use it as my limited gun. I put a KKM barrel in it, JP enterprise extended mag release, Dawson fiber optic front sight, heine rear sight, Dawson Ice magwell, THE extended tungsten guide rod, ISMI 15lbs spring, wolf internal springs, recut trigger bar, polished internals, and 5 Arredondo +5 basepads. I was planning on getting a G35 too, but the limited production run got me. The word on the street for 3rd Gen longslides is 500 24C's, 1,000 G24's, and 1,000 17L's. When there gone there gone. I'll get a G35 later. I'm having to much fun with my G24.

DSC00013_edited.jpg

I broke down and got the G24 last Saturday. Planning on a lot of the same mods as you, but I think I might play around with the lightning strike trigger parts and see what I get in the end. The way the trigger bar is made appears to shorten the trigger pre-travel, and I like to play around with that stuff anyway. I'm also going to try the SJC magwell first, and try it with a couple of different mag ext's to see what I like the best.

Thanks for the info everyone. You helped me make an educated decision vs. potentially missing out. It was rough in the end, "do I buy this gun or that gun..." I wish all decisions were that pleasant.

PS, I looked at a CZ Sport while waiting for the approval to go through on the G24. Very comfortable. I can see why so many are prone to choose the CZ's. Although, I quickly realized there just wasn't enough plastic on the gun to make it totally reliable. :D

Edited by SA Friday