Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200 Gr Rainier/clays In 625

zip308

I have searched for about 20mins and cant find anything. Can anyone help with a major load using 200gr Rainier plated bullets in a 625 with Clays? I am headed to range later and would like to compare the the 200's to the 230's for felt recoil in the 175 power factor range. Thanks

Zip seemed to forget his chrono yesterday when we went to the range so we were not able to chrono. I didn't bring mine cuz it was threatening snow or rain or some combination of both. :wacko: Of course that didn't happen till late Sunday and it's still coming down. Won't be chronoing till at least this weekend, I'm guessing.

Chad,

Let me know if you want to try out some more 200 grainiers.

Guys, when you shoot the 230s vs 200s with CLAYS, I am sure you have already done this, but make sure to put a target out at 15yds or farther and check your splits on how fast you can recover for the second shot, getting both As.....For me the there was a noticeable difference but your experience may be different.

Good luck, experimenting is half the fun! :lol:

DougC

Guys, when you shoot the 230s vs 200s with CLAYS, I am sure you have already done this, but make sure to put a target out at 15yds or farther and check your splits on how fast you can recover for the second shot, getting both As.....For me the there was a noticeable difference but your experience may be different.

Good luck, experimenting is half the fun! :lol:

DougC

Ok Doug, you got me curious.

What were you're results?

I plan on sticking with 230's, but I did buy some 200's to try out.

Zip seemed to forget his chrono yesterday when we went to the range so we were not able to chrono. I didn't bring mine cuz it was threatening snow or rain or some combination of both. :wacko: Of course that didn't happen till late Sunday and it's still coming down. Won't be chronoing till at least this weekend, I'm guessing.

Chad,

Let me know if you want to try out some more 200 grainiers.

Ya, I forgot my chrono. 4.5 Clays with 200's seemed lighter than 4.3 Clays with the 230's. But only the chrono will tell. 4-8" of snow yesterday and today so we will have to wait till next weedend.

Keith, I will take a few more to try. And I did get your remooner ordered last night.

Well, I didnt want to influence your results.... :lol:

For me shooting as fast as I can see in the Revo and Single stack .45 I prefer the 230 with clays. At the farther targets 15 and beyond I had more middle left to lower left Cs, Ds, and mikes with the 200s than the 230s. Of course that had to do more with my visual patience more than anything else..... :wacko: The recoil signature of the gun is more consistent for ME with the 230s than with the 200s, which I preceive to be more snappy and find that with the Revo shooting at speed it is harder to keep my grip during a three target engagement with 200s than with the 230s.

Hope some of that makes sense, but you have to figure out what you like! Good luck, DougC :ph34r:

Doug, That seems to be the common concensus. I will have to do more testing and lots more range time to see what works best. I am not sure my 4.5gr of Clays with the 200's are making major.