Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acupuncture

Rikarin

I grew up with this needle stuff. I knew the theory and everything and maybe because I took it granted, I never tried.

But Shoulder pain (inflamed tendons) were so bad, it was hurting from wrist to middle back and to shoulder and neck. Tore knee meniscus pain persistent and I can't even do stationery bikes, Finally a friend convinced me to try acupuncture.

Holy macaroni!

After tow visits, shoulder pain is almost gone except for the original inflamed tendon. Knee doesn't hurt even after half hour of stationery bike. I can't believe its just like that.

It wasn't easy first though. I am extremely afraid of needles!! After I broke down crying on first visit, it came to me why I am afraid (childhood physical abuse) and needed to overcome the fear.It was really hard job but I found the way out.

So like today, I had both shoulders stiff like rocks from arthritis caused by old motorcycle accidents. Needles for half hour and geesh, its soooooooo much easier!! It's almost like magic.

I am convert now. Highly recommended.

Excellent news, Rika!

Please do tell us about your doctor. Was he/she schooled in the East? I must be a bit of a snob about acupuncture as I feel that only practitioners trained in the Far East fully "get it".

...Mark

ima45dv8 - yes. she is small asian woman with oriental accent (hey, thats me!) so I feel pretty comfortable. Did undergraduate and gradute in China. and then doc too. Published a book and stuff.

My first one was white woman and yeah, she did stick needles ok but I just didn't feel she's holistic.

I am having hangover from acupuncture today. Sooo tired...

XRe - your post on elobow kinda started to push me towards trying it.. thanks!

and AikiDale - yeah... I am hoping. Really. I have list of dojo on my desk but when I can go back, I have no idea. It really bums me out. I really like BJJ.

Great news Rika. I started treatments for the arthritis in my knees and for weight loss back in December. My knees feel better than they have in a long time and I am down 13 pounds so far.

I have had treatments for sinus trouble, carpal tunnel syndrome, and a tooth ache. With the herbs and the needles, I am learning a whole new approach for me.

best of luck,

Gary