Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vs. Remington? Which One And Why?

PistolPete

Tony old buddy, at the eastern shotgun national championships which gun has won all of the titles, benelli of course & I believe mine won the championship over your's that year. If the remy's run , it's the shooters but the benelli guy's have a better chance.

I started 3 gunning with an 1100 and had another that I used to shoot a little skeet. I use an M1 now (sold both 1100's). The Benelli is the 1911 of shotguns (and I mean that it the best sense). They run and run. The only thing I did to mine was install a Wolff 25% reduced power recoil spring to run light loads, took off the ghost rings, put on a 21" VR barrel, and cut the stock down (they have a long LOP from the factory and I like a shorter stock). I did it all myself. They are simple and reliable and they take a beating (unlike the 2 1100's I owned). I wish I could buy American but the Benelli is a better firearm.

Buy the way, if possible try one with a pistol grip stock and standard stock: I load with my weak hand (like Taran, well... not really... but you get the idea :rolleyes: ) I thought the pistol grip would be better but the standard stock worked much better for me.

Edited by srf