Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Mags

21ravens

I am getting ready to shoot my first match, and I have a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) in a Fobus holster and 2 of the old swell-so-they-don't-fall-out mags that came with the gun in pre-ban capacity. I want to find some that do fall out in the 17 rd. cap. size, and can't get the Glock site to display anything about accessories or mags. Since I'm in Missouri, I can order whatever I need, but from where? And how many? And what holds 'em (besides my pockets)... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You will want a minimum of 4 mags to shoot USPSA, 3 to shoot IDPA. Magazine pouches are available in several varieties. If you shoot many matches, you will want more magazines. I used 8 mags for Limited today, and 14 for Production to keep from having to reload mags at the match. Good thing about Glock mags, you can buy them for less than $20 each from just about anywhere. Do a search on Google for Glock magazines and you will find many sources. Pouches can be had from Bladetech, Fobus, Comptac, Kytac, Uncle Mike's, Ready Tactical, Safariland, Galco, DeSantis, and many others. Prices will vary from $10 to $75 depending on the style you choose. You can find those in the same way, and on Ebay. Botac.com will have everything you need, as will customglockracing.com, brownells.com, to name a few.

I like the Scherer mags from Brownells. The come with the plus 2 pads and have been very reliable for me, as well as being affordable. As for pouches, I would go to any gun shop and start with the cheap nylon pouches until I really knew what I wanted and had time to shop. Good luck...

You need to figure out which Division you're going to shoot first. If it's Production, get a bunch of mags (6 or 7) from someplace like CDNN. Note that you cannot use extended basepads (which is the only way to get 17 in a Glock .40 mag) and you can only load them to 10 rounds. If you're going to shoot Limited, get 4 or 5 mags and +5 basepads (to take you to 20 rounds) made by Arredondo or Dawson from Brownell's. AFA mag pouches, get some of the Fobus doubles to match your holster... they're available at Brownell's too.

CDNN is running a sale on LE marked G22 hi-caps with free +2 basepads for $13.99 ea.

Even better than MidwayUSA.com at $15.99 for standard ( 15 round ) G22 mags.

Travis F.

No matter how many magazines you get be sure to pickup an Arrendondo magazine brush. Your gun needs clean magazines to run well and this brush makes cleaning a snap.

Vincent!! He's shooting a GLOCK!!! He don't need no steenkeeng mag brush!!

:P

Just kidding. It's a good idea!

Andy C.