Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reconfiguration - 40 Skinny For Ss Div

dirtypool40

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I have the same gun in 9mm and was looking to replace the rear grip safety on mine as well. I ordered the S&A .220 radius one, and it is no where near looking like it will fit mine. I'm wondering if mine has a .250 radius already possibly? Did you happen to try any other grip safeties on this gun? I'm wondering if possibly on the milspec line has the .220 radius on them?

Edited by Richie

I am doing a similar fuss over a used Springfield, bought the right S&A beavertail, contoured it to match my Ed Brown safties, and burned through at the hammer recess in the middle of the beavertail. What bastard it has turned into trying to fix it. Don't have TIG, only Oxy-Acetylene. I am buying a new S&A and I will just be much more careful about the bottom of the beavertail.

So, be careful under the hammer recess.

Billski

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I have the same gun in 9mm and was looking to replace the rear grip safety on mine as well. I ordered the S&A .220 radius one, and it is no where near looking like it will fit mine. I'm wondering if mine has a .250 radius already possibly? Did you happen to try any other grip safeties on this gun? I'm wondering if possibly on the milspec line has the .220 radius on them?

no sweat, Derek is doing the machine work after PaulW helped me with some tweaks and a trigger job. I'm hoping to get it tuned up and go shoot the S. FL Single Stack in three weeks.

I'll post pics when I get it back this weekend. She already looks sexier with black trigger, Heinie Slant-pro rear and the purple-ish grips. I"m thinking seriously about those gator grips though. <_<

Edited by dirtypool40

• 3 weeks later...
Well, less the ornamental machine work from Derek, here she is, tweaked up and ready for this weekend in South Florida (no really, there's a match down there).

Yessir!!!

There is a match down here this week-end. It will be the first Single Stack Classic in Markam Park, hosted by the South Florida Pistol Club. Even though it is only a one day match limited to sixty shooters (it sold out quickly) it has the makings of a big show. Catered great food, great prizes and raffles, etc. It will/should grow into a two day match for next year and consecutive years. This is one to mark in your calendars in the future.

Yeah, I saw "dirtypool's" name in the participants list along with "smithy's", "PaulW", and other northern types (kind of like an invasion or something :D )

All I've got to say is that this toy of yours better live up to the hype this thread has built it up to be... and if not, you could always sell it for "spare parts" :D;)<_<

yeah, it's kinda South for us Venry. But they said they could give us the range commands in English......just this once. :P

As to the Toy, well, it's come a long way from a lowly stock "Loaded" model, but I still NEED a fibre optic front site. The rest is just pretty-ing it up. Pretty good so far though.

BIG THANKS to PaulW for the sweet safety melt.

See you there. B)

Edited by dirtypool40

**Please Note** Eric referring to "Safety Melt" in no way means the saftey is unsafe or altered in such a way that makes the gun unsafe. Actually it sounds like a side dish to a Patty Melt.