Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Pouch Restrictions For Production, Etc.?

jkrispies

I checked out the website the other day for SpeedComp magazine pouches, and it said in their ad that it was designed specifically for Production level competition... but other than the 50mm rule, I'm not aware of any other restrictions. Maybe I need to be filled in? I know that there's a fair of amount governance on what is/isn't allowed for holsters, so it seems reasonable that there might be some limitations placed on mag pouches, too? Anybody care to offer some enlightenment? Thanks!

The only other restriction in USPSA Production on mag pouches is placement. They (like the holster) have to be behind the point of your hip bone. Appendix F3 in the rule book shows a picture. The holster can't be a race holster and has to cover the trigger completely as well as not cut more than 1/4 inch below the ejection port.

Edit to add/correct

Oh ya, big thumbs up on the Speedcomp pouches. I started using them with my XD and love em.

Edited by j2fast

The only other restriction in USPSA Production on mag pouches is placement. They (like the holster) have to be behind the point of your hip bone. Appendix F3 in the rule book shows a picture. The holster can't be a race holster and has to cover the trigger completely as well as not cut more than 1/4 inch below the ejection port.

Edit to add/correct

Oh ya, big thumbs up on the Speedcomp pouches. I started using them with my XD and love em.

Yeah, I was already aware of the placement rule, but I was thinking more in terms of construction. Looking at the SpeedComp design, it seems absolutely ingenious after you think about the way your hand drops down to your sides and the placement of the fingertip to bullettip... but there's not much on that pouch in terms of material covering the mags! The way the holster is governed regarding the coverage of the gun (or am I getting my IDPA vs. USPSA rules mixed up???), it seemed reasonable that the mag pouch would have to be similarly covered, but I guess not!

Edited by jkrispies

IPSC does not have restrictions on placement or holster type.

Partially correct. IPSC does not have restrictions on TYPE of holster. Placement should be the same as Standard. Behind the hipbone.

As someone would have said... "whiz...rrrr...click...What kind of flavour would you like for your cookies?" :D

IPSC does not have restrictions on placement or holster type.

Partially correct. IPSC does not have restrictions on TYPE of holster. Placement should be the same as Standard. Behind the hipbone.

As someone would have said... "whiz...rrrr...click...What kind of flavour would you like for your cookies?" :D

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but when they say "hipbone," do they really mean the front arch of the pelvis? If I'm standing wearing jeans, say, could the holster/pouches be slightly in front of the seam?