Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price Check, Please

al503

I just picked up a used gen 3 G34. I took it out and put 100 rounds through it Saturday. I really didn't like the way it fit my hand so I'm debating on keeping it for a nightstand gun or just selling it. I think I paid a little too much for it so I just wanted to get some opinions on how much to sell it for (if I go that way.)

I know very little about glocks but the person I bought it from had a 5.5" barsto fitted bbl, titanium striker, titanium drop safety (don't know what this is), a new trigger with overtravel stop, stainless guiderod, 2 high caps, box, manual, and all the original parts. There is no slide wear and there are 1100 rounds through the gun.

I also have the sevigny competition sights and the r. sotelo 2 # trigger kit both uninstalled and NIW.

Any thoughts?

Who "fit" the barrel? Who's trigger and overtravel stop? Stainless rods are less than $20

You can price the barrel on Barsto's website. And, the trigger/titanium parts might be from Lighting Strike, so you can check prices there too.

What don't you like about how it fits your hand?

(really sounds like a competition setup, not exactly what I'd go with for a night stand gun)

Who "fit" the barrel? Who's trigger and overtravel stop? Stainless rods are less than $20

You can price the barrel on Barsto's website. And, the trigger/titanium parts might be from Lighting Strike, so you can check prices there too.

What don't you like about how it fits your hand?

(really sounds like a competition setup, not exactly what I'd go with for a night stand gun)

Local (to the seller) gunsmith fit the bbl. I shot 10 rounds off a table, no rest with stock sights. At ~40 yards, 9 were within 3.75" and had 1 flyer using WWB. (My open gun was at 1.9" at ~40 with no flyers.)

The trigger guard is the problem. All my STI's are undercut. After 100 rounds, my middle finger was a hurtin.'

It has all the stock parts so I can put them back in if I make it the nightstand queen.

I'll look up the prices on the parts, flex.

The trigger guard is the problem. All my STI's are undercut. After 100 rounds, my middle finger was a hurtin.'

Herr Glock, meet Mr. Dremel... ;)

Thought about that but I would shoot it in production instead of limited minor.

Herr Glock, meet Mr. Dremel... ;)

Thought about that but I would shoot it in production instead of limited minor.

Unfortunately true :( I apologize for my brain's vapor lock; it shut down before lunch.

A stock, good, used G34 is normally in dealer's cases for somewhere in the $490 to $525 range.

Unfortunately true :( I apologize for my brain's vapor lock; it shut down before lunch.

A stock, good, used G34 is normally in dealer's cases for somewhere in the $490 to $525 range.

No sweat, MM. I've seen g34's in the shops in much worse condition than mine for around $500. I've done a little searching and found:

1. that the Barsto is somewhere around $220 and probably another $50 for fitting.

2. the Ti striker is around $70.

3. Guide Rod is around $20

4. the plastic magwell plug is nominal.

5. No idea on the Ti drop safety

6. No idea on the additional trigger with overtravel screw

So there's probably $850-$900 in the gun so far.

Add $60 for the Sotelo trigger kit and another $70 for the Sevigny comp sights and were at about $1000 +-

I think if I could get $750, I'll just get rid of it. (Went to Saks and got a wallet with some funny french name on it :(;):wacko::unsure::lol: for the g/f. I could use the $ and keep the 226 as the nightstand queen.)

Any thoughts anyone?