Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Actor/Actress

TT,

"I’ll have to give honorable mention to Val Kilmer, for his portrayal of both Jim Morrison and Doc Holiday  (where’s his Oscar?)."

Copy that! He WAS Jim Morrison! That was a truly amazing role.

George,

Call me crazy, but I thought it was better. If attacked though, I'd quickly respond with something like - Maybe I was in a "different place" when I saw the first one than I was yesterday.

;)

Spook,

Yea Pacino is a favorate.  Serpico was the first 'R' rated show I ever saw.  In the station wagon with mom and dad at the drive-in when it came out.  ( I wish I had a flash back video of the look of horror on their faces for letting the kids see such disgust!!!)

TT,

Kilmer is one I should have listed also.  I read 'No one gets out alive'  when it came out.  Gripping tale of 'the Morrison phenomina'.  I've also read that he wasn't quite as cool as the movie/book portrays either.  Kilmer always seemed like the improbable cool winner until he played Holiday.  That role soars above any other.  But then Kurt Russell was born to play Earp.  Could have made Kilmer seem better.

jhgtyre,

Buscemi is awesome.  He's kind of an ugly Nicklson,  but he has that incompetent quality.  He is a type actor but I bet he is nothing like it in person.  

Brian Dennehy has that 'Duke' aura about him.  And true to form he's a quality Republican also!!!

BE,

I read the Hobbit series as a teen.  The one thing I remember was Tolkiens montra that the slightest warrior can lead the way.  The series is a testimony to endurance, strength and honor.  The movie's may be hollywoods version of the writings but the theme remains.  When attacked banish your armor and let them taste steel!!!  

What I really wanna know is,,,Does Liv do any topless elve scenes!!!

¾- I read that book too. And like you, I heard that maybe he wasn’t quite as cool as he’s portrayed. I have a Hendrix bootleg where Jimi’s playing in a small club, and Morrison stumbles in *completely* wasted. I’m talkin’ hammered! So anyway, much to Jimi’s chagrin, Morison decides he’s gonna get up on the stage and sing (this is all on tape). So after knockin’ the mike stand over, he starts singing (shouting is more like it) the most profane comments at some cutie in the audience. I’m not going to repeat what he said here, but I’ll give you a clue: it’s a lot like the title of a certain Zeppelin album. It was real display of class

E Dub- It’s funny that you’d mention Requiem, ‘cause that’s why I had to give her a nod. Scary good indeed. Oh yeah, Jennifer Connolly is hot too. Kilmer as Holmes?! You gotta wonder though, will he need the prosthetic like Marky Mark did in Boogie Nights