Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa In The Northeast

lndshrk

I am in a state of disbelief that in planning my next year of match events, I cannot find a single MAJOR IDPA Match scheduled to take place outdoor in the Northeast of the USA on the IDPA website? Ted Murphy always did a spectacular job in PA and the NYS Match did not take place last year. Believe there will be a second CT State Championship.

My second year in a row of being "waitlisted" for the Winter Nationals at S&W.

What am I missing here about the future of IDPA in the Northeast?

Edited by lndshrk

I am in a state of disbelief that in planning my next year of match events, I cannot find a single MAJOR IDPA Match scheduled to take place outdoor in the Northeast of the USA on the IDPA website? Ted Murphy always did a spectacular job in PA and the NYS Match did not take place last year. Believe there will be a second CT State Championship.

My second year in a row of being "waitlisted" for the Winter Nationals at S&W.

What am I missing here about the future of IDPA in the Northeast?

It is way too early to hit the panic button. The Md match is having some issues relating to the venue and insurance. From what I hear the Pa match will happen just at a different club. Since Ted posts here I am sure he will clear things up. The Cortland match, which is the de facto NYS match, better be on because I mailed off the application two weeks ago. Finally, given the success of last years CT state match unless something screwy happens it will be a go again.

Edited by rubberneck

Don't feel bad. So far I've only seen one match within 8 hrs of home here in eastern Nebr. (Havana, IL) I won't be able to make it to the WI State Match this year and don't know if Columbia, MO will be having any matches this year.

So far it looks like 75% of the matches that are posted are in what's considered to be the Southeast U.S. :o

O.K. - I edited and got rid of the "WTF".

Still surprised nothing noted on the IDPA website but am now aware of:

6th Annual 2006 NE Regional IDPA Championship @ Cortland County Pistol Club

10th Annual 2006 IDPA MA State Championship (great match run by Dave Bold)

2nd Annual 2006 CT State Championship (Harry Simonsen & Craig Buckland at their best with many others!)

Shot all three with the PA match last year with mixed performance, but, of course still had a great time.

With the possiblity of a PA Match, guess I will have something to do this season!

THANKS!

Edited by lndshrk

Here's the skinny on match listings on IDPA's site....

In years past, as soon as you sent in the sanction form and fee, they posted to the website fairly soon after (within a month or so, give or take a little). Then you had up to 60 days before the match to get the COF's approved. So most clubs would send in the paperwork early to get listed (and also make the Tactical Journal), then had time to figure out what they wanted to do.

As was told to me when I called, apparently some clubs never bothered to get their COF's approved and ran stuff that was not quite within the guidelines. So now to make sure that sanctioned matches actually meet the criteria, IDPA will not post anything until the form and fee are sent in AND the COF's have been approved - then they will post (and print in TJ). This is new and has caught some off guard.

Not looking to start a debate here, just passing along the info as it was relayed to me.

So you might not see matches listed as early as you would hope until we get used to this new procedure.

Northeast IDPA match dates that I know of:

S&W Winter Champ (Springfield, MA): Feb 23-25

North East (Cortland, NY): May 6 & 7

MA State (New Bedford, MA): June 24 & 25

CT State (East Granby, CT)): Sept 30, & Oct 1

I think IDPA relented on the "approving COF's first" policy. Their latest sanctioned match forms have removed that particular stipulation. I remember in october they required it, but when I downloaded the forms for the 2006 Pa match that stipulation was gone. If so, I am happy for it as I thought it was a bit much in that people change their ideas or buy new props and that is a long time before hammer down to have your stages ready.

Re: Pa match http://www.pa-idpa.com is the link when the information is finalized, maybe in 2-3 weeks.

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy

The 06 CT State Championships should be listed within the next few weeks - date is 30 Sept/1 Oct.

We've been busy getting ready for a match in Springfield at the end of the month.

I hope Pioneer reconsiders their position and Sara Spa can get going again.

Thanks for the kind words - hope to see you there,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...