Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I Got The Easy Loader On, Right?

mike_pinto

Thats easy Mike.... point it down range in the general direction of the targets and press the trigger. Try not to close your eyes and jerk the trigger like I do. See?? Wasn't that easy :D

Mike,

If I am preaching to the aware please ignore me - what you described sounds very like trying to load an 1100 - 11/87 with the hammer down. When the hammer is down the latch drops making loading very hard and the latch scratches a groove in the shells as you push them in.

You have to load the gun with the hammer cocked back for it to load properly. As I say if you knew this already please forgive me - its just sounds like the problem you encountered.

Good luck !

Mike, I read that I think on one of your posts and made sure I was not trying to do it. That definately helped troubleshoot. I was stupidly trying to load strong handed and it was forcing the lifter to the left(as viewed from the underside) which was causing the lifter to hit the bolt outside the groove. Once I started doing it weak hand(Thanks Kurt) it works like a champ. The thing was so tight that it took a bunch of Tetra gun lube and about 40 rounds before it would cycle reliably. I am going to continue the break in this week. Thanks for the advice..

Mike